Monday, November 12, 2012

Diane von Furstenberg reveled a secret of her wrap dress

Wmagazine.com
Famous american designer Diane von Furstenberg has uncovered how she came up with an idea of her best-seller, a wrap dress.
Design of the dress was a result of her divorce with the prince Von Furstenberg. In the 1972, when the couple divorced, she was passed in eyes of public as a „supported“ woman. Because of that common opinion she imagined a dress, which will symbolize individuality, femininity and inner power.

Lyst.com  Photo: Diane von Furstenberg.com
„Although my story is not pleasant, I actually realized, that I don’t want to be that „elite wealthy woman,“ designer said for W magazine. „That is far away from a woman I wanted to be. I wanted to be independent.“
Presently after the divorce she succeeded, she was selling 25.000 dresses per week, which even now days sounds totally unbelievable. „Usually fairy tales finish when a girl marries a prince, but mine has started when the marriage was over,“ added Diane von Fursenberg.

Lyst.com  Photo: Diane von Furstenberg.com

The wrap dress, because of the simple wearing and possibility to adjust to formal or little less formal occasions, has win the american fashion in 70’s.

Lyst.com  Photo: Diane Diane von Furstenberg.com

The dress has been Diana’s savior more than once. In 1994 the designer was diagnosed with a tongue cancer, which forced her to withdraw from the fashion world. But she came back stronger and more successful as ever before. „First time I did everything to get my independence, second time I wanted to prove to myself and to the world that my success is not just a coincidence.“

Read more:  http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/fashion/features/wrap-superstar-designer-diane-von-furstenberg-tells-her-story-801189.html

No comments:

Post a Comment